ask a question
Home Made Chicken Noodle Soup for the “Non-Cold”
keep in touch
sign up for our newsletter
Last week Sam and I were both feeling a little under the weather (I keep referring to whatever it was / is still kind of lingering) to “non-cold’s” as you couldn’t really say we were sick, we both just felt a bit throaty, a bit heady and generally just a bit yuck.
So not wanting our “non-cold’s” to develop into anything more serious we decided it was time to light the fire, get into our track suits, prep the Netflix and make up a massive pot of chicken noddle soup.
This is one of my favourite winter meals, and I love how you can put pretty much any combo of veggies into it and it will turn out delicious.
If you’ve read any of my recipe’s before, you know I’m not one for measuring anything, I just go by “what looks right” so if you want to try this recipe, you can pretty much just follow the general guidelines and chuck in whatever you please!
1. In a large pot add the chicken, chicken stock, onion, garlic and chilli’s (If you’re like me and you like to give your cats a bit of the chicken once it’s cooked add the chilli in later with the veggies). Season with salt and pepper.
2. Bring to the boil and reduce the heat to simmer for about an hour (or until the chicken is cooked).
3. Meanwhile, prepare the veggies by either chopping into small cubes by hand (or if you’re lazy like me just chuck them all in the food processor).
4. Once the chicken has cooked, remove it from the pot onto a large chopping board.
5. Remove all the bones from the chicken, and return the chicken to the pot.
6. Add the veggies
7. Simmer for about 30 mins (or until the vegetables are soft)
8. Add the rice noodles and simmer for 5-10 mins (pop your bread rolls in the oven while you’re waiting for the rice noodles to soften)
9. Serve with bread and butter on the side (if you so desire!)
10. Be warned, this recipe is enough to feed a small army of men for about 3 days in a row.
It’s pretty hot once it’s finished – check out the steam coming out of the bowl!
P.S. If you saw that pic I shared of the veggies… don’t use that many. Seriously, they won’t fit in the pot… I learnt that the hard way!
P.P.S. This “soup” turns out pretty thick… I had to have a little giggle to myself when I saw Sam eating it with his fork… LOL!
Before you go, I would love to know – what’s your favourite winter recipe for combating a cold? What ingredients do you include in your chicken soup?
Until next time, look forward to hearing your thoughts!
share this post
8 Replies to “Home Made Chicken Noodle Soup for the Non-Cold”
This sounds and looks so good. I love any and all soup, so I’m going to try this soon!
Well this certainly sounds delicious! I love a good soup for cold days, I’ll save this for the winter season!
That looks so heavenly! THank you for sharing the recipe!
I hope that you are both feeling better!!
Mmm, that looks delicious!
Thanks for sharing! I do love a good chicken noodle soup when it’s cold out.
Mmm… yummy!! I love chicken noodle soup, especially in the winter months!
His looks delicious! And so does that bread you paired it with. I’m a sucker for anything involving good bread.
This looks wonderful and your step by step makes it very easy, certainly going to give this a try!