ask a question
Banana and Raspberry Baked Porridge
keep in touch
sign up for our newsletter
Yesterday, I mentioned I had been experimenting with some new breakfast recipe’s as part of my eat healthy and exercise in order to get “back to normal” goal and had stumbled across a new breakfast recipe I quite like.
Since the colder months seemed to suddenly come out of nowehere, I found myself leaning more towards cooked breakfasts in the morning.
Often that will mean poached eggs on toast for us, but other times I will bake breakfast muffins.
Last week though, I decided I would try a new twist on an old baked porridge recipe I got right into last winter (I really wanted to make something that was healthy, but also filling).
Since Sam was away I hoped I might stumble on a delicious recipe I could make for him when he got home, and I think with this one I’m on to a winner.
The best part is, it’s super quick and easy, and it’s really, really yumy too (plus it’s very filling so a small serve will keep you full until lunch time).
1. Pre-heat oven to 180 degrees C and prepare a small shallow baking tray
2. Combine all ingredients except for the raspberries into bowl (crush the banana in with a fork)
3. Once combined, pour ingredients onto the tray (I only wanted to make enough to last me 1-3 mornings, so this tray was a bit big for the amount I made)
4. Add the raspberries on top (fresh is always best, but if you’re anything like me you have a pack in the freezer that are probably close to their use by date… which is pretty much what inspired me to make these, that along, with a banana that was too soft to be eaten… LOL!)
5. Bake in the oven for approx. 20 minutes
6. Serve in a small bowl (with added milk if you so desire)!
Quick, easy, healthy and delicious!
If you’re not too keen on bananas or raspberries, this recipe also works really well with apples and blueberries, or really any fruit you fancy!
What’s your favourite winter breakfast? Let us know in the comments below!
share this post